Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rotelli's

Originally, we set out to review non-chain restaurants for Penn State students and potentially some State College residents. I broke the form today when I went to Rotelli's for lunch. I decided that I'd review it since there is only a handful of locations total, and State College being the only one in Pennsylvania. Located on the corner of Calder and McAllister, this place hardly goes unnoticed. If you happen to be walking by during the lunch hour, it's hard to miss the enticing sign advertising their 1/2 sub, soup or salad and slice of pizza for $5.99. While I have had this special and it is a great deal, I had other plans today.

The whole process was fairly quick. My lunch today was from 11 to 12:30 and I had no problem getting there and back in time.

The lunch menu is great. The prices are very fair. I ordered a sub and a drink and I paid roughly $8.

The meal is definitely filling.

While they do not accept LionCash, they do deliver. They also offer a rewards card. You get a free entree on your birthday and half birthday. You also get a reward after you earn 100 points (generally, if you spend $12.51 you get 12.51 points, but some days are double points).

I knew going in that I was going to skip the special and get the chicken parm sub. For the same price, you get a full sub and a healthy side of fries. The inside contains fried chicken strips and ricotta cheese. On top of the heaping pile of chicken is a layer of marinara sauce and a layer of cheese that is melted over top of the delicious toasted bread. The presentation is simply beautiful.

The menu is also filled with other gourmet pizzas, pastas, and other delicious subs. I highly recommend this restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment